The Valley Academy is an extracurricular organization within Valley High School designed to meet the needs of academically high achieving students. Valley Academy students are expected to take responsibility for their educational success by:
- Maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Enroll in one Honors or Advanced Placement (AP) course each semester and/or CEC, CNM, UNM dual credit courses.
- Attend weekly meetings
- Participating in at least one sport or extracurricular activity year round
- Complete grade level community service each semester
- Participate in Academy sponsored events
Valley Academy is an extracurricular organization that encourages academic excellence and school involvement. Members have the opportunity to participate in many school events designed to foster academic success. Students accepted to Valley Academy must be enrolled at Valley High School.
The requirements for acceptance are:
- Completed application for 2023-2024 school year.
- High school or middle school transcripts or copy of last completed semester grades showing a 3.0 or higher grade point average.
Incoming and current Valley students can ONLY apply during the summer prior to the beginning of the new school year. Applications will not be accepted during the academic school year.