Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
AVID is an international program and college and career preparatory elective for students who desire to go to college and are willing to work hard. In many cases, AVID students will often be the first in their families to attend college and/or are from traditionally underrepresented groups in higher education. The goal is to help students develop the skills, knowledge, and college and career readiness skills they need to succeed after high school. Students must apply and interview to be accepted in the AVID program. Interested students should contact Ms. Green. We ask that students make a commitment when they join the AVID program. Students have the opportunity to earn an academic letter in AVID and a stole at graduation if they meet the requirements.
AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
Do you have what it takes to be an AVID student?
- Plan to go to college?
- Plan to go to college? Plan to go to college?
- Want to achieve your goals? Want to achieve your goals?
- Want to have top grades? Want to have top grades?
- Want to stand out on college Want to stand out on college
- applications? applications?
- Want to visit colleges? Want to visit colleges?
Take academically rigorous classes: (Honors/AP/Dual Credit)
- Average to high test scores
- 2.0-3.5 GPA. minimum
- College potential
- Desire and determination
- Participates Voluntarily
- Willing to work hard to achieve success
*AVID is offered as a year-long elective class. Students must participate in a selection process involving application and interview