Skip to main content

NM Opportunity Scholarship

NM Opportunity Scholarship

The New Mexico Opportunity Scholarship provides tuition and fee assistance for students
enrolled in 2-year programs, including credit-bearing certificate or associate degree
programs, in a public institution of higher education or Tribal College in New Mexico

NM Lottery Scholarship

Lottery Scholarship Program

NM College / University Scholarships

The University of New Mexico

New Mexico State University

Eastern New Mexico University

New Mexico Highlands University

New Mexico Tech

Western New Mexico University

Northern New Mexico College

Santa Fe Community College

Clovis Community College

San Juan Community College

Central New Mexico Community College

for juniors

LEDA Application Deadline is December 

Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America (LEDA) empowers a community of exceptional young leaders from under-resourced backgrounds by supporting their higher education and professional success in order to create a more inclusive and equitable country.


FREE seven-week Summer Institute at Princeton University provides: • Leadership training • Writing classes • College guidance and college trips • ACT/SAT prep • LEDA community • Room, board, and travel fully funded by LEDA


Throughout senior year, LEDA College Guidance offers: • One-on-one college counseling • Letters of recommendation • Intensive feedback on application essays • Funding for all application and testing fees • Support applying for financial aid and scholarships


In college, LEDA Scholars receive: • Academic counseling and personal support from LEDA College Success • Career counseling and development from the LEDA Career Network • Support from LEDA’s Peer Mentoring program • Internship and job opportunities • Financial support to attend LEDA community events


Hispanic Scholarship Fund - Youth Leadership Institute

Youth Leadership Summit


Learn about The University of New Mexico's BA/MD Program! Want to be a doctor? Juniors - it is time to start planning your BA/MD Application for senior year!

  BAMD website 

  Informational Videos

Financial Aid & Scholarships


Apply for a FSA ID and FAFSA

(Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

FSA ID (Create this prior to October 1st)
   - The student needs an FSA ID
   - ONE parent/guardian needs an FSA ID

FAFSA Website (Opens October 1, 2020)
FAFSA Info Night Presentation - Monday, September 21, 2020; 6pm

FAFSA WORKSHOPS - During spring 2021 semester
Get money for college! Fund Your Future! - NM FAFSA

College Board's Financial Profile - CSS

In addition to the FAFSA form, many private colleges and universities require students to complete the College Board's financial aid profile in order to determine how much financial aid and scholarship assistance the student will need.

Visit the College Board's CSS Profile website!

Special Circumstances

For students who are homeless, you will need to contact the APS Title 1 Homeless Project. (505-256-8239 ext. 46902)

For students who are undocumented, you will need to contact Armando Bustamante who works with El Centro de la Raza at the University of New Mexico. (505-277-5020)

UNM & CNM Resources

UNM Financial Aid Resources
CNM Financial Aid Resources

CNM Bridge & Lottery Scholarships

CNM Scholarships
Bridge to Success
Lottery Factsheet

APS Scholarship List

APS Scholarship (List by month) 

Albuquerque Community Foundation - Deadlines Vary

Valley High School Senior Scholarships for Art Students - Deadline April 28, 2021

2021 US Eagle Scholarship - Deadline April 16, 2021

Kirtland Federal Credit Union Scholarship - Deadline April 30, 2021

AI Camp - Learn AI with Zero Coding Experience; Summer Camp Scholarship for students 13 - 18

What do you need for scholarships?

Scholarships vary. Requirements vary. Some may require a certain GPA or ACT/SAT scores, some may require you study a specific field in college (ex. healthcare, engineering, education, etc.), some may require volunteer work, some may require short or long essays, and some may require letters of recommendation. IT TAKES TIME TO FIND AND COMPLETE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS.

Letter of Recommendation Request Form