Valley High School is a Gen Yes School
Students interested in participating in the Gen Yes program should see their Counselor.
(Click on the logo above to view video)
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – A dozen Albuquerque Public Schools students are being trained to become technology teachers.
The program is part of a national program called Gen YES. A dozen students grades 3 through 12 from seven different schools are receiving training to help teachers integrate technology in the classroom. They will teach their classmates and teachers how to use things like iPads and computers as well as different apps and programs.
THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH VALLEY
Valley is proud of its cultural and ethnic diversity. Among our student body, you will find descendents of Albuquerque’s founding fathers, as well as those who have recently arrived in the United States. There are several neighborhoods within our attendance area–Los Duranes, Los Griegos, Los Anayas, and Los Chaves–which are named for families whose ancestors settled here over 300 years ago. Streets bearing their names are dotted throughout the North Valley. Their descendents presently represent Valley High students and staff.
VHS Registration Signature Page (1 per student)
Students will NOT be able to access their StudentVUE accounts unless the VHS Computer Use Policy is initialed on the VHS Registration Signature Page and the VHS Registration Signature Page is signed and dated by both the student and the parent/guardian. Fill all blanks (if not applicable, put an NA in the blank) and all check boxes (if not applicable, leave unchecked).
Click on the picture below:
Please e-mail this form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or print it out and return to our Registrar's Office at Valley High School
1. Date to announce; 5-2, 3, 4: Academy members, important Academy meeting this Thursday, May 5th in the lecture hall.
2. Date to announce; 5-2, 3: PARCC MAKEUPS CONTINUE IN THE UPSTAIRS COMPUTER LAB ALL WEEK. Anyone during any period is welcome. You will be excused from class. Remember, taking PARCC is a graduation requirement.
3. Date to announce; 5-2, 3: AP TEST TAKERS: If you do not turn in a fee assistance letter this week, you must pay the full price for an AP exam. Take your signed letters to Ms. Munoz is the main office NOW!
4. Date to announce; 5-3, 4, 5: Attention girls interested in playing volleyball in the Fall – There is a meeting Thursday at lunch in the Upstairs Computer Lab. All interested students, please attend.
5. Date to announce; 5-2, 3, 4: Did you put your name on the yearbook reserve list? Good news! We have a book for you. Come to room B12 to buy your copy today. Not on the reserve list? That's ok. Yearbook only has 23 copies of this year's book left! Come today to buy your copy. Don't miss out.
6. Date to announce; 5-3, 4: Seniors, if you have photos from the last four years please send them to email@example.com. No more than three photos per person and they need to be group photos not selfies!
7. Date to announce; 5-3, 4, 5: Teachers, come and help us bid Bon Voyage to our Seniors as the Jazz Band will be performing three special concerts on Friday during 2nd, 4th and 6th Period. Graduating seniors Sarah Griego, Diana Vega and Nathaniel "Jamal" Martinez will be performing feature pieces and solos with the Jazz band. Please Bring your classes and enjoy some great music.
Seniors – Please pay any fines, return library and/or textbooks, complete the Senior Exit Survey and return uniforms ASAP. You will not be able to pick up your Cap and Gown on May 10th until you are cleared of ALL items owed to Valley!
2015-2016 Summer Programs
May 4: Senior Finals
May 5: Senior Finals
May 6: Senior Make-Up Finals
May 10: 1. Cap & Gown Distribution, 9am-10:30am
2. Graduation Practice, 11am-1pm, PAC
3. Senior Barbeque, 4pm-6pm(OPTIONAL)
May 11: 1. Senior Breakfast, 8am-9am, PAC Lobby
2. Graduation Practice, 9am-11am, PAC
3. Robing/Honors Ceremony, 6:30pm, KIVA @ Convention Center
*ONLY ONE PERSON MAY ROBE YOU!
Graduates MUST be in the KIVA at 5:30pm!
May 12: Graduation Practice, 9am-11am, TBA
May 13: Graduation Ceremony, 2:30pm, Tingley
*Graduates MUST be at Tingley at 12:30pm!!!
Be on time! Bring your Cap & Gown.
Graduates ONLY allowed your car keys!!!
*DOORS OPEN AT TINGLEY AT 1:30PM FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. GRADUATION IS A FORMAL CEREMONY. NO BALLOONS, AIR HORNS, POSTERS, BEACH BALLS, ECT. THANK YOU!
Saturday March 19th
Sid Cutter Pavilion
(On Balloon Fiesta Field)
MUST have Student ID to Enter
Join us for:
"A Night of Wonder"
Tickets on Sale @ Lunch
Sold from Dance Room
(Located next to the Lecture Hall)