To promote excellence in education in the school community by providing opportunities to learn and by encouraging success in academic and technical pursuits. The staff, faculty, and administration will enhance character by assisting students in developing greater appreciation and respect for individual differences and cultural diversity.
THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH VALLEY
Valley is proud of its cultural and ethnic diversity. Among our student body, you will find descendents of Albuquerque’s founding fathers, as well as those who have recently arrived in the United States. There are several neighborhoods within our attendance area–Los Duranes, Los Griegos, Los Anayas, and Los Chaves–which are named for families whose ancestors settled here over 300 years ago. Streets bearing their names are dotted throughout the North Valley. Their descendents presently represent Valley High students and staff.
Valley High School will build on the uniqueness of the Valley community to prepare students to participate fully in the 21st century.
1. Date to announce; 9-26, 29, 30: Students and Staff: Yearbook will have a "Selfie" booth at the Homecoming Carnival next week! Make sure you are pictured in this year's yearbook an additional time!!! Yearbook will provide cameras for you to take a selfie, which will be put in this year's yearbook! For $1.00 you get an individual selfie, for $3.00 you get a group selfie, and for $5.00 one of our SAGA staff members will take a posed picture of you and your friends!! Don't miss out! Make sure your selfie is in the SAGA!!
2. Date to announce; 9-26, 29, 30: Yearbooks are on sale online for $70.00. You can also purchase a yearbook from Ms. Giannini in Room B-12. Didn't get a yearbook last year, or the year before, or the year before that???? It's not too late. Yearbook packages are for sale with Ms. Giannini in Room B 12. Get this years SAGA and last year's SAGA for $100.00! Get the 2015, 2014, and 2013 SAGA for $130.00, or get the 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 SAGA for only $160.00!!! You must purchase old yearbooks as a package with this year' s yearbook!
3. Date to announce; 9-26, 29, 30: Have photos from events this year that you'd like to share with yearbook? Bring your memory card, etc. to Ms. Giannini in Room B-12 or e-mail the file to email@example.com along with where it was taken, the date it was taken, the people in the photo and the name of the photographer. We will give credit to the photographer in the SAGA if we decide to use the picture! Thanks for the help documenting all the amazing moments at Valley this year.
4. Date to announce; 9-29, 30: Good luck Viking Boys and Girls golfers at the match on Tuesday at Ladera golf course. The following Vikings are in this event: Iris Sedillo, Andrew Romero, Matthew Kinlicheeny, Carlos Renteria, and Isaish Torres. Come out and support these atheletes, and/or wish them well in the first match of the year.
5. Date to announce; 9-29, 30, 1: Join us Saturday October 4th for the 2014 Homecoming Dance, “Pretty In Pink.” Homecoming tickets on sale at lunch out of the Gym Lobby Snack Bar. The cost is $25 per person this week and Saturday October 4th the cost is $30 per person at the door. If you are bringing a guest who DOES NOT attend Valley, pick up a Guest Form from the Gym Lobby Snack Bar or the Front Office. The Guest Form is due Thursday.
Tomorrow’s theme is Western Wednesday. Show your Viking spirit and dress up all this week for Homecoming Spirit Week! Also, Voting will take place tomorrow from 8am-1pm in the Gym Lobby. You MUST have your ID to vote and teachers may bring their classes over to vote as well.
TODAY’S VARSITY SPORTING EVENTS:
Boy’s & Girl’s Golf @ Ladera @ 8am
Volleyball @ Home vs. West Mesa @ 6:30pm
1. Senior Yearbook Photos MUST be taken at Moji Photography. Please contact them at www.mojiphoto.com
2. Graduation Cap & Gowns MUST be purchased at Campus Specialties. Please contact them at 505-275-9357.
CLASS OF 2015 GRADUATION
THURSDAY, MAY 14TH @ 6:30PM
@ Tingley Coliseum
1994 Class Reunion
Valley Class of 1994 Reunion
October 24th and 25th
Register at www.vhsclassof1994reunion.com